Mobile navigation


This is a new website - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Travel (secondary)

Information on secondary age student travel in Wiltshire if you hold an EHCP, education health and care plan.

Travel policy and information

I like helping the two year 7's I have in my taxi, we talk about anything they are worried about and I make sure they are happy. If I can't help I tell a teacher who then helps them.

For more quotes from young people using our transport service visit our Voice page.

There are around 1,800 pupils transported to schools across Wiltshire who have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Transport can take the form of a car or a specialised minibuses to cater for wheelchair users. The Assessment and Placement team decide who is entitled to transport and the Passenger Transport Unit are responsible for arranging this transport and the contracts with local transport providers.

For more information, read the  SEN Travel Assistance Policy (Word doc) [159KB] (opens new window) .

To discuss your needs, call us on 01225 757 943 or email us at (opens new window).

You can also write to us at this address:

SEND Transport
Wiltshire Council
Bythesea Road
BA14 8JN.

You can submit a request for support with travel, using our online form: 

SEND Travel Request Application: up to and including year 11 (opens new window) 

Alternatively, you can download and print the form: SEN Travel Application Form (under16) (Word doc) [119KB] (opens new window)  (postal details are provided in the form). 

If you do not have an EHCP you may find the transport information on the main council website useful.

Our transport services can arrange a meet and greet with the driver where there is a need to reduce anxiety about new journeys, for more information contact the SEN transport team (opens new window).

Travel Training App

Visit our Travel Training App (opens new window) which helps prepare young people for public transport and longer journeys.


Wondering what the next big step in your education or life is going to look like? Find Wiltshire based services and information to help here.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon