Mobile navigation


This is a new website - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Social care (adulthood)

Who to talk to and what social care support is available for young people in the SEND community.

Most children and young people with special needs and/or disabilities will use the services that are there for everyone in the community, for example leisure centres, doctors, etc. These are known as Universal Services.

A small number of children and young people, whose circumstances are complex and who may not be able to live at home without special support, will require assessment by social care teams. Where children and young people are assessed as needing social care services, families may choose to have a direct payment to arrange their own support.

Assessment pathway

Key services and further information

If you think a child or young person is at risk of significant harm, or is injured, contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub - MASH on 0300 456 0108. If there is immediate danger, phone the police or emergency services on 999. You can also contact the Children and Young People with Disabilities Team on  01225 713090 for specialist advice on services.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon