Who to talk to about SEND educational placements in Wiltshire. Helpful information and links for professionals and parents.
Movers into Wiltshire
For parents we are about to welcome into our county it is always important you let your local authority know you are leaving them. They should then get in touch with the relevant educational team to hand over any required information.
For local authority staff looking to contact with documentation for SEND movers in please use the following:
For children and YP already holding EHCPs contact EHCPreviewteam@wiltshire.gov.uk.
For those currently under assessment contact EHCPassessmentteam@wiltshire.gov.uk.
Moving out of Wiltshire
If you are moving away from the county, please let us know about any children in your care needing to transfer educational establishment.
You can email the team in charge of outgoing handovers by emailing email@example.com.
- Professional EHC referral EHCNA Form (a Wiltshire Citizen ID account is needed for this, so that you can submit and revisit your applications. An email address is required to set up an account)
- Parent Carer
- Young Person
Advice on the process can be found by visiting:
For further advice, urgent help with a matter or you do not have access to emails you can ring the single point of contact.
Phone: 0300 456 0108
In bold are the most relevant SEND options for movers in, out and admissions.
Press 1 if you have an allocated worker but do not know their number (this then leads to areas of social worker).
Press 2: Parents and carers requiring support or advice:
- Press 1 if you are a parent or member of the public with a concern or query about the safety of a child
- Press 2 if you want to urgently report serious harm to a child
- Press 3 If you child has SEND services including transport
- Press 4 Young carers referral
Press 3: Professionals working with a family:
- Making a referral please complete and send in referral form available by visiting www.Wiltshire.gov.uk
- Press 1: For consultation
- Press 2: Urgently report serious harm to a child
- Press 3: SEND services including transport
- Press 4: Discuss new or ongoing concerns with someone who works/volunteers with children
- Press 5: Ethical minority and traveller achievement service, behaviour support service and medical needs education and reintegration service
- Press 6: Young carers referral
To call the SEND service directly please use 01225 712620
General admission information
If you are not looking specifically for special educational needs schools or disability school information here are some helpful general links.
For general Wiltshire schools admissions please contact:
- Phone: 01225 713010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the forms and information about Wiltshire school's applications can be found via the parent portal, please visit:
Further information about general school admissions you might find helpful can be found below:
If you would like to feedback on the process or if you are still not finding the information you require, please let us know. Contact options for feedback can be found by visiting: