Mobile navigation

SEND Sustainability Plan

If you are looking for information about our new SEND Sustainability Plan see 'SEND sustainability plan'

Moving in or out of Wiltshire with an EHCP

Who to talk to about SEND educational placements in Wiltshire when you have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP). Information and links for professionals and parents.

Movers into Wiltshire

For parents we are about to welcome into our county it is always important you let your local authority know you are leaving them. They should then get in touch with the relevant educational team to hand over any required information.

For local authority staff looking to contact with documentation for SEND movers in please use the following:

For children and YP already holding EHCPs contact (opens new window).

For those currently under assessment contact (opens new window).

Information to share when you contact the SEND team:

  • which Local Authority you are moving from
  • child and parent/carer details
  • current address (address you were/are at before you move to Wiltshire)
  • new address (address of where you will be living in Wiltshire)
  • proposed move date

This will help the team request the right documents from your original Local Authority and begin the transfer process.

Moving out of Wiltshire

If you are moving away from the county, please let us know about any children in your care needing to transfer educational establishment.

You can email the team in charge of outgoing handovers by emailing (opens new window).

Advice on the process can be found by visiting: 

EHC assessments

For further advice, urgent help with a SEND matter or you do not have access to emails you can contact the SEND Service.

Contacting the Wiltshire SEND team

General admission information

If you are not looking specifically for special educational needs schools or disability school information can be found via the links listed below.

Most of the forms and information about Wiltshire school's applications can be found via the parent portal.

Parent Portal (opens new window)

Further information about general school admissions:

For general Wiltshire schools admissions please contact:

If you would like to feedback on the process or if you are still not finding the information you require, please let us know. Contact options for feedback can be found by visiting:

Contact us 

EHC assessments

Information about how to apply for an assessment of additional education needs in Wiltshire

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon