Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) - Provider changes on 3 April
Wiltshire Council has awarded the contract for Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Information Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS) to Family Action. They will take over from KIDS, the current provider, from 3 April 2023, and continue to provide help and information to SEND families.
Wiltshire Council and the Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Board (BSW ICB), have increased the investment for SENDIASS to build on the current service, and keep up with increasing demand. We will work with the new provider to continue the reduction in waiting times over the coming months, and to meet the needs of our families and children.
Amy Brooke, Family Action, Deputy Director for Services and Innovation, South, said:
We are delighted that Wiltshire Council appointed Family Action to deliver the Wiltshire SENDIASS. Family Action's years of expertise, across our eight existing SENDIAS services, will enable us to provide families in Wiltshire with a service that is free, high quality, impartial and confidential. We are looking forward to working with children and young people with SEND in Wiltshire, and their parents/carers. We will be working together to empower them to have an informed and active role in decision making, and we will ensure that they continue to receive the highest quality of support.
The current service will be provided by KIDS until 3 April. As a result of the change of provider, there will be no service on 3 April to allow the new team and systems to become operational. There may also be some short-term disruption over the Easter period while colleagues familiarise themselves with new systems and processes, but we will be working hard to minimise this.
If you have questions about this change and want to discuss them you can contact Wiltshire Council at CandFcommissioning@wiltshire.gov.uk.
Wiltshire SENDIASS is the statutory information, support and advice service for Wiltshire, provided by Family Action, a national charity that hosts nine SENDIAS Services. They offer free, independent and impartial information relating to education, health and social care for children and young people (0-25) with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities (SEND), and their families, to empower them to make appropriate and informed choices.
- providing impartial and confidential advice and information for children, young people and families on SEND around education, health and care
- offering support with education, health and care plans (EHCP), including annual reviews, informal and formal mediation and tribunals
- supporting you to work with education providers to ensure your child/young person's needs are met
- offering support and advice on transport, exclusions - related to SEND, disability discrimination, elective home education and personal budgets
- support with writing letters and completing forms, and assistance with discussions and meetings with schools, the local authority SEN team and SEND professionals
- support with resolving disagreements helping you to consider and determine the best way forward
- providing information and signposting to support services in your area
For more information please visit:
You can also call the service: 01225 255266 or contact them via email using firstname.lastname@example.org.