There are lots of organisations across Wiltshire, large and small, that provide guidance and advice on money matters.
Find out about council tax, housing benefit, help in a crisis and more.
For more information visit Council tax and benefits.
Job centre advisors are a good source of information.
For more information visit Jobcentre Plus.
Citizen's Advice advisors are specially trained to offer personal, confidential advice on all sorts of issues and challenges. Including:
- Accessing benefits
- Help with debts or financial planning
- Help and advice about letters you receive that you do not understand or that worry you
- Legal concerns or challenges
For more information visit Citizen's Advice.
National Government have a central website with the most accurate and up to date information on all kinds of benefits and monetary supports. Including:
- Blind person's allowance
- Carer's allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
They also have helpful tools like:
- Benefits calculator
- Complaints procedures
For more information visit GOV.UK: Carers and disability benefits.
Contact a family are a registered national charity committed to supporting families of young people with all disabilities. They have an advice line staff Monday-Friday 9.30am -5pm. Their advisors offer support and guidance on:
- Benefits and sources of financial help
- Parent/carer support groups
- Aids and equipment you may be entitled to
Call them on 0808 808 3555 or use family helpline.